+ WHEN ARE YOU OPEN TO PUBLIC AND HOW DO I BOOK A TABLE?
Please check our online calendar for when we open to public.
If we are open, the following applies:
- We are closed to public
- Tables cannot be booked and the restaurant is not open
- The venue can still be hired on these days for Private Events
- To book, email our Events Team on email@example.com
- We trade as a restaurant and bar
- Bookings of 15 or more are charged at R20 ex vat per person for booking and set up fee
- To book, email our Events Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are primarily an event space and Saturdays are our most popular day for Private Events. Should we not hire out the venue, we will hold a public party called ‘Super Cool Saturday’ with DJ's playing all day.
- These events can only be confirmed 10 days prior to the event.
- For table bookings and general admission tickets check: https://www.quicket.co.za/events/?search=living%20room
- Table bookings are charged at R100 per person which includes general admission, a private seating area for the day and table service with one of our awesome waiters :)
- Every Sunday we hold our weekly Sundays in the Living Room party.
- Click here for more info
+ WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PRIVATE EVENT AND A TABLE BOOKING?
- A Private Event is when the venue is hired out exclusively and we close to public
- A table booking is a table / seating area booked when we are open to public
- Table bookings can only be confirmed 10 days prior to the booking date as we are primarily an event space.
+ HOW MUCH IS VENUE HIRE?
If you have any queries, email our Events Team on email@example.com
+ WHAT DOES THE VENUE HIRE INCLUDE?
1. The exclusive use of the venue
2. We provide the following furniture in the exclusive hire:Tables:
- 1 x 12 Seater Table
- 2 x 8 Seater Tables
- 6 x 4 Seater Tables
- 8 x Glass Cocktail Tables
- 1 x Reception Desk / Bar
- 12 x 3 Seater Benches (36 Pax)
- 3 x 2 Seater Benches (6 Pax)
- 2 x 3 Seater Benches with backs (6 Pax)
- 10 x Wooden Chairs
- 25 x Metal Bar Stools / Cocktail Chairs
- 10 x Wooden Bar Stools / Cocktail Chairs
- 45 pax - 'Formal' style seating
- 100 pax - 'Mixed' style seating
- 200 pax - Cocktail style
3. Venue Staff for up to 45 pax (excludes waiters - they are an additional cost p/h)
- Should we need to bring in additional staff, this will be a cost over and above the venue hire.
4. Our basic in house sound and groovy playlists
5. 2 x Mushroom gas heaters included in winter rentals only
+ WHAT IS LIVING ROOM’S SEATING CAPACITY?
80 Pax for 'Formal' seating and 200 Pax for 'Mixed' (lounge & cocktail) / 'Cocktail' style
+ IS THERE A MINIMUM AMOUNT OF PEOPLE FOR A VENUE HIRE?
There is no minimum for venue hire, the cost will be the same regardless
+ IS THERE A MINIMUM SPEND ON THE BAR?
There is no minimum spend.
+ WHAT OTHER SERVICES DOES LIVING ROOM OFFER FOR EVENTS?
- Hiring Additional Furniture
- We have some additional furniture for hire and can assist in hiring any other furniture required
- Bar Services
- Decor services
- DJ / Entertainment
- Event Coordination
+ HOW DO YOU CONFIRM AN EVENT?
An event is only confirmed once we have received payment of the venue hire as well as a signed copy of our Terms and Conditions.
+ DO YOU ALLOW CORKAGE?
We do not allow corkage. We have a fully stocked bar that can be run either on a tab or cash bar basis. All drinks need to be purchased through our bar. Should you wish to order in something specific that we don't stock, we can source it for you.
+ DO YOU OFFER CATERING?
We have a few preferred suppliers that we work with who can assist with Set Menus, Platters, Canapés, Buffet, Spit Braai’s and Paella.
+ CAN I BRING MY OWN CATERING AND CAN WE USE YOUR KITCHEN?
If you’ve hired the venue exclusively:
- You’re welcome to bring in your own catering. There is a surcharge of R4,000 ex vat for external catering as well as the use of our kitchen (with wash up area) which is to be left clean and cleared by the end of the event. Please note this includes the use of our gas stove, electric oven, microwave and heated pass but excludes fryers / grillers, crockery, cutlery, utensils and staff.
- We are unfortunately not able to provide space in our refrigerators / freezers as our kitchen needs to remain fully stocked because we operate as a restaurant when we’re not hired out privately.
If we are open to public, you may not bring in your own catering as we will be operating our restaurant.
+ CAN I BRING MY OWN CAKE / CUPCAKES?
You’re welcome to bring in your own cake, we charge a R150 ex vat surcharge fee for this. Alternatively, we can assist with with cakes through our catering partners.
+ DO YOU OFFER DECOR SERVICES?
We have a simple decor menu on hand for basic decor as well as a fantastic decor team who can create a bespoke look and feel for your function.
+ CAN I BRING IN MY OWN DECOR?
Yes you may, however, all decor needs to be approved by the Events Team, we do not allow anything that will stain our furniture or damage our plants.
Please email enquires to firstname.lastname@example.org
+ CAN YOU ASSIST WITH DJ / ENTERTAINMENT?
If you're looking at having entertainment / music, we have a wide variety of DJ's, bands, comedians etc that we work with regularly that we can assist with.
+ ARE THERE ANY SOUND RESTRICTIONS?
We do have sound restrictions in we’re situated in a mixed area. The loud sound system needs to go off at 10pm and the house sound system can play until 11pm on weekends but the loud sound needs to go off at 8pm and the house sound system can play until 9pm during the week.
+ CAN WE BRING OUR OWN SOUND SYSTEM AND DJ / BAND?
We do not allow external sound systems to brought into the venue as our sound system is set up to the sound regulations for the area.
You’re welcome to bring in your own DJ / Band but as per above, they are required to use our sound equipment (mixer & bigger speakers plus sub woofer) which is an additional charge. They will have to provide all of their own equipment e.g. CDJ’s / instruments etc.
With exclusive venue hire our basic sound system is included as well as our awesome pre-selected playlists or you are also welcome to play your own playlists on this system.
+ DO YOU HAVE PARKING?
We do not have parking on our premises, there is safe street parking (guards walking around the precinct 24/7).
We always suggest using taxi services especially if your guests will be drinking.
+ ARE HUBBLY’S / HOOKA’S ALLOWED IN THE VENUE?
We do not allow hubby / hooka’s in the venue as they are fire hazards because the majority of the space is made from wood.
+ DO YOU HAVE AN AGE LIMIT?
Unfortunately, we are no longer allowing entrance for under 21's when we're having public parties, please ensure you bring ID if you're coming to boogie with us on the weekends! However, when we're open as a restaurant from Wednesday to Friday, everyone is welcome :)
+ IS THE VENUE WHEELCHAIR FRIENDLY?
We’re on the 5th floor of the building but there is an elevator from the ground floor - there are two steps at the entrance to Living Room as well as the toilet down the corridor (same floor) most wheelchair patrons require someone to help them up and down these steps.
+ WHY DID WE BUILD LIVING ROOM?
We built Living Room to showcase our turnkey interior & landscape design and our furniture and vertical garden manufacturing. We love design and plants, and creating beautiful environments for the public to experience.
+ WHAT SERVICES DO WE OFFER?
- Design & Space Planning (interior and landscape, retail and restaurant)
- Custom Furniture Production
- Vertical Gardens
- Event Décor
+ WHAT ARE VERTICAL GARDENS?
Vertical garden are living systems that turn any vertical space into a living breathing garden wall. Our unique system is a hydroponic system, meaning there is no soil for the plants. The plants grow in the vertical system and are fed automatically using timers.
+ CAN WE CREATE A SPACE LIKE LIVING ROOM FOR YOU?
Absolutely! We have a range of standard items to bring the look. We also offer custom design and installation for bigger projects.
+ DOES THE ONLINE SHOP OFFER DELIVERY?
Yes our couriers go to all major towns in Johannesburg, Botswana and Zimbabwe. International shipping can be arranged on certain products.
Shipping is within 3 working days of order.
+ DO THE AIR-PLANTS SHIP WELL?
Soaked before and packaged with moss, the air-plants ship very well.
+ CAN WE CREATE YOUR DREAM EVENT DECOR FROM IMAGES YOU HAVE COLLECTED?
We absolutely can, bespoke design are our forte! Get in touch with us.